I call this high five cobbler because it’s super easy (it only has 6 ingredients!) and I absolutely LOVE making it. After, I always kind of want to high five myself. Also, I only allow myself to make this once a month. I just can’t help myself when it’s around. Side note: this was featured a couple of years ago in Southern Living and I kick myself for not making it sooner.
- 4 cups blackberries
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 6 tbs butter
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
2. First, you wash the black berries a toss them into an 8×8 dish.
3. Next, drizzle the lemon juice on top. That’s it! You’re done with the filling.
1. Use a pastry blender to mix the egg, flour, and sugar.
2. Make it into a coarse meal– if possible. Then pour over the berries.
3. Melt the butter and then sprinkle that over the top of the crust.
4. Now all you have to do is bake it for 35 minutes and you have some absolutely amazing cobbler. Sometimes I justify the fruit and the “bread” as having breakfast qualities so I can eat it more often. This probably isn’t the best idea. But to me, its THAT good!